Friday, July 15, 2011

praying the psalms...

a prayer for my children:

(psalm 119: 9-16)

how can those who are young keep their way pure?
by living according to your word.
i seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from you commands.
i have hidden your word in my heart that i might not sin against you.
praise be to you, Lord;
teach me your decrees.
with my lips i recount all the laws that come from your mouth.
i rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.
i meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.
i delight in your decrees;
i will not neglect your word.


actually, all of psalm 119 is a powerful prayer for our children.

how good of the Lord to know that sometimes we don't even know how/what to pray, so he put the perfect prayers in his word for us:)

it's all there, people...everything we need.

3 comments:

hannah singer said...

amen! beautiful post.
the psalms are my favorite for that very reason. prayers when i often have no words.

love you!

The Duty's said...

so sweet!!

xoxox
jenna duty

www.thedutyfamily.blogspot.com

katie said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment regarding my boys' surgery. It is so reassuring that I know you and others will be praying for us on Wednesday.

I love this post. The psalms are my favorite...so beautiful.